Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Sorry!!!

I'm sorry I haven't posted to my blog in a while.  I've been working extra hours and dealing with health issues.  My rheumatologist ordered an MRI and it showed that my sciatic nerve is being pinched but not by the piriformis muscle like we thought. There's osteoarthritis in my spine. I'm not sure if it's in the lumbar area or the sacrum.  It only bothers me when I lay down, which I think is weird. After 2-4 hours, the pain in my left butt cheek, left calf and left foot wakes me up.  My pain level is off the chart.  It's all I can do to sit up on the edge of the bed then stand up (on my right leg only at first).  I have to use the wall to help me walk until the pain in my foot (which goes numb sometimes) and calf subsides enough to walk with a limp.  Things usually settle down as I move around.  If I don't have to stay up, I go back to bed for a while.  It doesn't always work. Sometimes I stay up reading a book until it's time to feed the critters.  Other times I start on housework. Lack of sleep plus more hours at the library are a bad combination.

I have a list of neurologists who accept Missouri Medicaid.  I'll start making phone calls either tomorrow or Friday.  They are all in Kansas City, MO which is about 90 minutes away. I sure wish they were closer but oh well.  I hope that if I have to have back surgery it's the less invasive type and will allow me to get back to work around here immediately.  Otherwise I'll have to either postpone getting my hens or not get them unless I get a regular coop.  If my back is too trashed to move the portable coop around, I'm gonna be pissed.

I did get a good surprise and laugh this morning.  I was up just before 5 AM, put the dogs out with their breakfast and let the bunny out of his room.  I went back to bed and when I got up again just after 8 AM, I found the bunny on the kitchen counter next to the sink.  I think he jumped up the cat tree and jumped over to the counter through a cut out there. A sight I wasn't expecting and don't have a picture of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment